Tinkercad is a simple online tool that is used to create different types of 3d designs. It is also used for 3d printing. It is used to create toys, Minecraft models, prototypes, jewelry, home décor and so on. It is one of the most popular tools that is used in classrooms to create simple 3d designs from scratch. It also allows its users to modify existing 3d designs without the need to download any software. It is an easy-t-use tool that comes with a lot of built-in tutorials to help you get started. Basic models like houses, furniture, snowmen, etc. can be created within minutes.
Here is how Tinkercad works:
4. On the right-hand side, you will see a “geometric” button. Click on it.
5. Using drag and drop features, create any geometric shape that you want. This may include pyramids, spheres, etc.
6. You will see different dots and arrows around your design. Zoom in by using your mouse wheel so that you can get a better view of your design.
7. You can also change the shape and size of your design by using the drag feature.
8. You can use different tools to adjust your design, for example, you can use a ruler to check the dimensions of your design.
9. In a similar way, group together different shapes to create any model or design that you want.
10. There will be a Tinkercad logo on the top left corner of your screen. Once you are done with the designing, click on this logo to 3d print your design or to download a 3d printable file.
Teachers around the world are using Tinkercad to help their students in creating amazing projects. There are many types of projects that you can do by using Tinkercad. If you want to use it with your elementary students, you can start with building a Tinkercad house.
Building a Tinkercad house is a fun project. Here is how you can do it:
Click here for a presentation you can use with your staff. It is completely editable so feel free to make any changes you need.