Spiral Review software lessons that teach presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software over 12 sessions. The skills build on each other throughout this unit so it is important to do the lessons in order.
What is included:
4 weeks of lessons for each type of software
- Word / Docs / Pages
- PowerPoint / Slides / Keynote
- Excel / Sheets / Numbers
Customizable for whatever software version you have
Editable Lesson Plans:
- Mini lesson
- I Can Statements
- Lesson components
- Space for reflection
Editable Daily Messages:
- Lesson Title
- I Can Statements
- Lesson Question
- Space for you to add screenshots of your software program
Student Templates Provided
- Templates are provided in BOTH Google Apps and Office 365 for your convenience.*If you’re using Apple Software then the Office 365 will convert to it.
- Formative assessment questions provided as editable Google Forms
1. These lessons are the main activity for a class. I recommend planning a warm up activity (like 10 minutes of typing) and early finisher activities (here are sites you can use). You’re likely going to have some students complete the lesson in 5-10 minutes and others that will still be working when you say time is up.
2. In the lesson plans you’ll see me talk about screencasts you could make. If you’ve never made them before, check out this blog post to learn more about it. Screencasts are a game changer!
4. The assessments are optional but will be helpful if technology is a graded subject. If you’re new to teaching technology and curious about grading these skills, read this blog post.
Still have questions? Please ask them before purchasing.
Copyright © Brittany Washburn 2019.
Downloading this file entitles you to ONE classroom use. You may use this with multiple classes but may not share with any other teachers. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. If multiple licenses are needed for use my more than one teacher or in more than one computer lab, send them here to download the file.
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!