Coding meets ELA instruction with VoCode! Integrate those robots you have (or turn students into robots) to complete these 9 Popular Fables coding challenges. 3 Options for the activities mean that you can use this with ANY movable Bots and ANY grade level of students.
This set includes 9 Fables:
- Belling the Cat
- The Lion and the Mouse
- The Ant and the Grasshopper
- The Boy who Cried Wolf
- The Fisherman and the Little Fish
- The Goose with the Golden Egg
- The Tortoise and the Hare
- The Wind and the Sun
- The Town Mouse and Country Mouse
*Please note that you’ll have to find the actual fable stories separately. The stories do not come with this set.
How to Use:
- The most straightforward way to use these activities is to have students program their bot to go to one term at a time.
- To add a challenge, give students multiple stopping points for their path.
- This might mean choosing 5 cards from the pile and that is the order in which they need to write their program.
- Add levels of complexity by requiring students to program in “jumping over” pieces or spaces, and “collecting” and “discarding” the pieces they picked from the pile.
- Due to the factor of choice in these activities, there are no answer keys. Have students check each other.
What is Included with this Purchase
A zipped folder with the following contents:
Teacher Instructions PDF that includes vocab cards, directions, programming arrows, and recording sheets.
1 PDF for each Fable with the task cards and cards for the robot mats. (9 PDF files)
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!