Students practice the alphabet by matching individual letter keys to their places on a keyboard with this unique display. The keyboard prints across 4 pieces of paper (with optional individual keyboards included to extension). The letter keys have both upper and lowercase letters on them so that students can practice the alphabet.
What is included in this Alphabet Keyboard Practice PDF:
- 2 Keyboard layout options. Print across 4 pages for whole group practice or print small for individual practice and extension.
- 3 Letter options. Upper and lowercase on the same key. Uppercase only. Lowercase only.
- 2 layout options for the individual key pieces. Print across 4 pages to color code the keyboard finger placements or print on one page and color them yourself.
- Key pieces in differentiated options. Upper and lowercase on the same key. Just uppercase in 5 different font options including 2 in cursive. Just lowercase in 5 different font options including 2 in cursive. Phonics first letter picture pieces.
- Picture instructions to guide assembly
- Cardstock and colored paper recommend
- Laminator or ability to laminate
- Velcro dots or pieces
Ideas for Use:
- This would make a great activity to introduce the keyboard layout to kindergarten and first grade students. If you make multiple sets, you could do a racing activity to see who can put the keyboard together the fastest.
- Print all 3 keyboard mats and use them as stations around the classroom. Print and prep the key pieces in the different fonts and make them available at each station for multi-use matching. Students can do it as many times as you have time for.
- Extension ideas include printing 2 copies of the whole keyboard mats to include the special keys and numbers for older students who are ready for the challenge. Keep them available in your room for early finishers or days when you don’t have access to devices.
Copyright © Brittany Washburn 2018. Purchasing this file entitles you to ONE classroom use. You may use this with multiple classes but may not share with any other teachers. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. If multiple licenses are needed for use my more than one teacher or in more than one computer lab, additional licenses are discounted.
Connect with other Technology Teachers:
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!