Using technology and problem solving skills, students decipher codes and complete activities to learn the Online Research Skills topic of Copyright Rules. The activities are housed in a Google Slides file and students enter their codes into a locked Google Form.
- This activity can be done in Google Slides or PowerPoint, so it is flexible to meet your technology needs.
- There are 6 codes to find and they require a mix of technology skills, so this makes a great partner or small group activity.
- Students learn about and practice making decisions about Copyright Rules.
- Something that makes this digital breakout unique is that it also includes a reading passage with vocabulary on the topic, making it very relevant to today’s students. The reading passage is on a 4th grade level.
Info for the teacher to consider:
- Most groups should be able to complete it in 30-45 minutes.
- If this is your first digital breakout then I recommend solving the puzzles as a whole group activity.
- With this resource you will receive a link to a Google Slides file. From there you can share your copy of the Slides file with your students, or download it as a PowerPoint file to share that way.
Copyright Brittany Washburn. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this file are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art and font credits.
Connect with other Technology Teachers
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.