This policy also contains information about our practices regarding usage of our products with children in the Children’s Privacy section below.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR USERS OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. – TRANSFER OF DATA
- “Usage Information” means information about your usage on the website.
- “Browsing Information” means information about your use of the Website, or your computer’s (or other access device, such as an iPad or smartphone) interaction with the Website. Browsing Information also includes certain of the information described in the “Information Collected Automatically” section below. In general, Elementary Technology Curriculum by Brittany Washburn does not use Browsing Information to identify you, but such information may be paired with Personal Information, or with other information that together, could be used to identify you. Additionally, third parties, such as analytics companies and advertising service providers may access, collect, store, and use Browsing Information, and they may use it to identify you.
- “Personal Information” means information that directly identifies you, or that can directly identify you, such as your shipping and/or billing address, e-mail address, phone number, and/or credit card information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information We Affirmatively Collect From You
We may collect Personal Information about you through our Website when you visit or order from our website, such as your email address, physical address, phone number or credit card information. Other information you may affirmatively provide to us is generally maintained along with Personal Information. You can choose not to provide any information that is affirmatively requested of you. However, this may limit your ability to use the Service.
User-generated content in the Service may include Personal Information.
In addition to collecting information on the Service, we may collect information from you when you communicate with us over the phone or via e-mail. This information may include Personal Information. This information may be matched with, and stored in connection with Personal Information provided or collected in connection with the Service.
Information Collected Automatically
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page on our Website. When you access the Service, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other similar information.
We may use mobile analytics software and various backend systems to analyze certain information regarding your use of the Website such as email address, pageviews, advertisements clicked on, and transaction related information.
We may use mobile analytics software and various backend systems to analyze certain information regarding your use of the App. The Usage Information is however not used for any in-App marketing nor do we direct any paid advertising to children using the apps.
In general, we will store Website tracking information in an anonymous aggregated form, however, we or our third party tracking partners may store certain information, such as pageviews, in a manner that can be associated to specific users.
We do not collect information about your location from your mobile device, but we do log your IP address, which can be used to approximate location. We use IP addresses only for activities necessary to maintain or analyze the Service; perform network communications; authenticate users or personalize content; protect the security or integrity of the user and the Service; ensure legal or regulatory compliance; or fulfill a request of a user.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use or may use Personal Information and Browsing Information for a variety of purposes, including:
- To operate the Service, monitor the effectiveness of the Service, to improve the content of the Service, and layout and design.
- To help provide you with a smooth, efficient user experience.
- To monitor, analyze and describe usage patterns and performance of the Service, including aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- To conduct system administration and system troubleshooting and to diagnose or fix technology problems.
- To comply with legal requirements and process (for example, in response to subpoenas, court orders, and law enforcement or governmental requests or investigations), to protect our legal rights or the rights of others (for example, by working to reduce the risk of fraud or misuse of the Service).
- In connection with an unusual business transaction, such as the bankruptcy or liquidation of, sale of, purchase of, or merger with our business or another business.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information: Elementary Technology Curriculum by Brittany Washburn will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others, nor will we share your Personal Information with independent third parties for marketing purposes. To operate the Service, however, we may share your Personal Information with our agents, representatives and contractors so they can provide us with support services and other features. We require these third parties not to use your Personal Information for any other purpose. We may store Personal Information in locations outside the direct control of Elementary Technology Curriculum by Brittany Washburn (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for our Service. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
What happens in the event of a change of control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of our products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as email addresses, and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
STORAGE AND PROCESSING
DATA STORAGE AND PROCESSING BY THIRD PARTIES
Your information collected through the service may be stored on third party services. We currently utilize Google Cloud (Cloud SQL, Datastore, Google Cloud Storage). More information about the Google Cloud data retention policies can be found on their trust page: https://gsuite.google.com/faq/security/.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
The Website allows you to review, correct or delete your Personal Information such as email, shipping information and notification preferences via the Account Information section on our Website. Additional information and data that we collect from you during your use of the Service, in particular Usage Information, may not be available for review, corrections or deletions.
Parents have the right to review or have deleted any personal information collected from their child that is retained by us and to refuse to permit further collection or use of their child’s personal information. We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children. If you believe we may have personal information of your child stored inadvertently, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION; SECURITY AND PASSWORDS
Elementary Technology Curriculum by Brittany Washburn takes what it believes to be commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information. However, since no security system is impenetrable and “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information or Browsing Information.
EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS THAT WE MAY SEND
We may send you, or you may elect to sign up to receive, emails from us. To help us understand whether we are providing information of interest to you, we may include software code or other tracking technologies in our emails to monitor whether you opened a particular email, whether you have clicked on the images and/or links in the email, the date and time the message was opened, and whether your computer is capable of receiving HTML-based email. We endeavor to allow you to unsubscribe at any time from our email programs by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message. We reserve the right to send you service announcements or similar administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
COMPROMISE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Elementary Technology Curriculum aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Elementary Technology Curriculum relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you have any remaining questions about how we treat your privacy, just let us know. You can contact us by writing to us at email@example.com.
You may also contact us below:
Elementary Technology Curriculum by Brittany Washburn, P.O. Box 72, Garner, NC 27605