- Go to the Tynker website and create an account.
- Click on the “Projects” tab and search for “Make an Avatar.”
- Click on the “Play” button to start the activity.
- Use the tools on the left-hand side of the screen to customize your avatar.
- When you are finished, click on the “Save” button.
- You can then share your avatar with your friends or use it in other Tynker activities.
Here are some additional tips:
- You can use the “Randomize” button to generate a new avatar if you are not sure what you want to create.
- You can change the size and position of your avatar by dragging it with your mouse.
- You can add accessories to your avatar by clicking on the “Accessories” tab.
- You can save multiple avatars by clicking on the “Save As” button.
If you have time, Pixel Art is also a type of coding. Practice making images out of individual pixels with this activity.
Click on this picture to open the Google Slides file.
- If you have a google account, click the Use Template button
- If you don’t have a google account, click File -> Download As -> Microsoft PPT
- Complete the click and drag activites and type in the number of each color block you used.
Try out this digital word search for coding vocabulary:
If you finish early you may go to the sponge activities
Strand: Computational Thinker
Standard: 5.a. formulate problem definitions suited for technology assisted methods such as data analysis, abstract models and algorithmic thinking in exploring and finding solutions.
I Can Statements:
I can create an algorithm for a simple pattern
I can write a problem for the computer to solve